During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils.
Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can ‘taste’ it.
Some of us have used Vicks VapoRub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between.
But I’ve never heard of this.
And don’t laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren’t sure why.
To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks VapoRub generously on the soles of your feet, cover with socks, and the heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief.
Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines.
In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly
Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemicals in them.
This method of using Vicks VapoRub on the soles of the feet was found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bed time.
In addition it seems to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.
My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes.
So she went from, every few seconds uncontrollable coughing, she slept cough-free for hours every night she used it.
If you have grandchildren, pass this on.
If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be amazed at how it works.
Note: Procter & Gamble, which makes Vicks VapoRub, warns on the packaging that the product shouldn’t be used in kids younger than two. But some parents apply it anyway, especially to the chests, feet and under the noses.
Always consult your doctor for advice when using products on children & infants
Directions: from http://www.vicks.com.au/VapoRub.htm?247SEM
- For external use only; avoid contact with eyes
- Do not take by mouth or place in nostrils
- Not to be used on children under 2 years of age unless directed by a physician
- Discontinue use if irritation develops
- Do not apply to wounds or damaged skin
- Do not bandage tightly or use with heating pads
- If fever is present or symptoms persist, consult a physician
- For temporary relief of nasal congestion and coughs associated with colds. Use on chest and throat. Rub on thick layer at night and/or morning. Keep clothing loose to let the vapours rise to the nose and mouth. May be covered with a dry, soft cloth if desired.
- For steaming application method and cautions please see directions on product carton.